MATRADE’s mission to promote Malaysia’s export has enabled many local companies to carve new frontiers in global markets. Today as we continue to put the spotlight on capable Malaysian companies on the international stage, we are helping make the phrase ‘Made-In-Malaysia’ synonymous with excellence, reliability and trustworthiness.
MATRADE’s mission is to develop and promote Malaysia’s export to the world and its functions are:
- To promote, assist and develop Malaysia’s external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and, on a selective basis, imports;
- To formulate and implement a national export marketing strategy to promote the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products;
- To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of trade;
- To organise training programmes to improve the international marketing skills of the Malaysian exporters;
- To enhance and protect Malaysia’s international trade interests abroad;
- To represent Malaysia in any international forum in respect of any matter relating to trade;
- To develop, promote, facilitate and assist in service areas related to trade; and
- To advise the Government on matters affecting or in any way connected with trade and to act as the agent of the Government or for any person, body or organisation on such matters.
MATRADE’s objectives are:
- To raise the profile of Malaysian exporters in foreign markets;
- To disseminate timely and relevant information and market intelligence to help Malaysian companies gain a competitive edge in foreign markets;
- To introduce Malaysian
companies to foreign importers seeking Malaysian suppliers; and
- To undertake activities to promote the export of Malaysian goods and services in overseas markets.
MATRADE is also actively involved in assisting foreign companies to source for suppliers of Malaysian products and services, and is represented worldwide at 40 locations in major commercial cities. In Malaysia, MATRADE has five local branches in Penang, Terengganu, Johor, Sabah, and Sarawak.
MATRADE CORE SERVICE
The international market is highly sophisticated and competitive arena. In order to thrive in this market, exporters need to meet international standards in terms of technology, product design, packaging, health and safety standards.
MATRADE has initiated several programmes to assist Malaysian companies to equip themselves with knowledge and skills to meet the challenges in the global area. These include training programmes, Export Excellence Awards and client services.
MATRADE assist Malaysian companies to establish their presence overseas and raise their profiles in foreign markets through different promotional drives including participation in trade missions, specialised marketing missions and international trade fairs.
MATRADE also organises business matching programmes for Malaysian companies and foreign importers. Being the national agency for trade promotion, MATRADE is often the first reference point for enquiries and visits by foreign importers. The agency’s role is to match them with compatible local partners who can offer the products and services they seek.
Trade & Market Information
One of MATRADE’s roles is to disseminate timely and relevant information as well as market intelligence to give Malaysian companies the competitive edge in international trade.
MATRADE’s collection of resources provides Malaysian companies with up-to-date information to improve export opportunities. We offer the following facilities and services:
1.Business Information Centre
9.International Tender Notices
Trade Advisory & Support
As entrepreneurs and exporters constantly need the most up-to-date advice, the Client Relationship Management Unit in MATRADE fulfils this demand by providing general, market and product advisory services that are available at the respective countries and product desk units.